C’est peut-être pour ça que je me décide à (re)commencer à suivre The Artist’s Way.
Voici mes notes de lecture pour la première semaine.
2 pivotal tools :
– Morning Pages (MP): primary tool for creative recovery. To retrieve creativity, you need to find it and you’ll find it through three pages of longhand writing strictly stream-of-consciousness.
* MP are not supposed to sound smart (though they can be).
* No one is allowed to read your MP except you.
* You shouldn’t read yourself for the first 8 weeks or so.
* Just write and stick pages into an envelope
* Better put angry, whiny, petty stuff on the page than having it stand between you and your creativity.
* MP are nonnegociable : never skip or skimp, no matter what your mood is.
* Do anything (including writing « can’t think of anything to write ») until you have filled three pages.
* MP get us beyond our Censor to our own quiet center.
-> Logic Brain : thinks in a neat linear fashion. Perceives the world according to known categories. Survival brain : works on known principles so anything unknown is perceived as wrong and possibly dangerous. Logic Brain is our Censor.
-> Artist Brain : our inventor, our child. Creative, holistic brain. Thinks in pattern and shadings. Associative and freewheeling. Makes new connections.
– The Artist Date (AD) : if you consider a radio analogy MP = out and AD = in (receiver – transmitter). AD is a block of tim set aside committed to nurturing creative consciousness, inner artist.
* Take no one on this date but you and your inner artist (view this a the equivalent of spending some quality time with your spouse).
* Commit yourself to a weekly AD.
– Creativity Contract : sign the contract, maybe make a small ceremony for yourself, buy a nice notebook….